China's wheat procurement off to good start with over 17m tons purchased

BEIJING -- China's summer wheat procurement has made a solid start, with over 17 million tons of wheat purchased so far, the National Food and Strategic Reserves Administration said Friday.
Recent quality monitoring of new wheat from certain producing regions indicates that this year's crop is generally superior to those of previous years, according to Xiang Yuxu, an official with the administration.
Overall, the pace of wheat purchases is faster than it was at the same time last year, and the market remains stable, with high-quality wheat commanding better prices, Xiang said.
Analysts noted that favorable policies and high-quality production are improving market sentiment and accelerating reserve procurement.
Looking ahead, efforts will focus on ensuring smooth procurement, safeguarding farmers' interests, and maintaining market stability, the administration said.
- Belgian cyclist completes epic journey to Shanghai
- China issues alert on overseas study in Philippines
- Liaoning Port Group launches 'durian express' shipping service
- Well-known wild Siberian tiger spotted, thriving in NE China
- How Xi promotes sustainable development cooperation with SCO partners
- How Xi pushes for building common home of peace for SCO