亚洲91视频,国产91网,久久久久久久久久久久久久久国产,亚洲一区二区三区日本久久九,亚洲日本久久,国产精品久久久99,亚洲欧美一区二

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Culture

Zhang Yimou to shoot Hollywood blockbuster

( chinadaily.com.cn ) Updated: 2014-06-12 16:12:05

Zhang Yimou to shoot Hollywood blockbuster

Chinese director Zhang Yimou and British director Gareth Edwards attend a press conference in Beijing at the Beijing Film Academy on June 11, 2014. [Photo/Mtime.com]

Zhang Yimou to shoot Hollywood blockbuster
New film brings Zhang home
Zhang Yimou to shoot Hollywood blockbuster
Zhang Yimou and Gong Li on collaboration
The project was initially publicized in August 2011 as the first project for Legendary East Ltd, the Chinese branch of the Hollywood production company, but was halted as Edward Zwick dropped out as director the following year. Since then, Zhang has been rumored to have replaced Zwick, and the unveiling of the poster yesterday was the first official confirmation of Zhang's involvement.

The film (scheduled to be released in 2016) mostly will be shot in China. Zhang said he hopes to express Chinese culture in simpler terms for the benefit of introducing the country to younger audiences abroad.

"Legendary East is brave in letting a Chinese director who doesn't speak English shoot an English-dialogue film. This kind of attempt is historically significant for Chinese films, its market and its future. It's taking Chinese films abroad, and I hope these kinds of projects will continue to guide Chinese filmmakers out of China," said Zhang.

Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

 
Editor's Picks
Hot words

Most Popular
 
...
...