亚洲91视频,国产91网,久久久久久久久久久久久久久国产,亚洲一区二区三区日本久久九,亚洲日本久久,国产精品久久久99,亚洲欧美一区二

   

Venezuela to seize foreign oil projects

(Agencies)
Updated: 2007-02-27 08:30

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez speaks during a news conference at Miraflores presidential palace in Caracas, Saturday, Feb. 24, 2007. (AP
Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez speaks during a news conference at Miraflores presidential palace in Caracas, Feb. 24, 2007. [AP]

Caracas - Venezuela President Hugo Chavez ordered by decree on Monday the takeover of oil projects operated by foreign oil companies in Venezuela's Orinoco River region.

Related readings:
Chavez says he misses Rice's criticism
Chavez gets powers to rule by decree
Chavez to US: 'Go to hell, gringos!'
Chavez previously announced the government's intention to take a majority stake by May 1 in the four heavy oil-upgrading projects run by British Petroleum PLC, Exxon Mobil Corp., Chevron Corp., ConocoPhillips Co., Total SA and Statoil ASA.

He said Monday that he has officially signed the decree to proceed with the nationalizations through which the state oil company will take at least a 60 percent stake.

Chavez has been given special powers by congress for 18 months to issue laws by decree in energy and other areas.



Top World News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours