亚洲91视频,国产91网,久久久久久久久久久久久久久国产,亚洲一区二区三区日本久久九,亚洲日本久久,国产精品久久久99,亚洲欧美一区二

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Asia-Pacific

Foreigners not among victims in Sri Lanka landslide

(Xinhua) Updated: 2014-10-29 18:32

COLOMBO - Foreign nationals were not among the victims or those missing following a massive landslide in Sri Lanka on Wednesday, an official told Xinhua.

Sri Lanka Disaster Management Center spokesman Sarath Lal Kumara said that the landslide had occurred in a village area and not a tourist location.

Sarath Lal Kumara said that over 300 people are still missing, hours after the landslide which buried over 150 houses in Haldammulla, located between southern and eastern Sri Lanka.

He said that rescue operations were underway and at least 10 bodies had been recovered.

Major General Mano Perera, commander of the Security Forces Headquarters-Central, said that the security forces were involved in a massive rescue operation.

Some houses were buried in over 30 feet of mud following heavy rains in the area the previous night.

Related: Over 250 still missing in Sri Lanka landslide

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...